Click here for updates.
Hancock Town Officials met Monday afternoon and agreed to the following measures to limit exposure of our staff and residents to the Covid-19 virus. These measures will begin on Wednesday March 18, 2020 and remain in place through April 6, 2020. Recommendations of CDC, NH Government and Health Officials will be reviewed daily and operations adjusted accordingly. Information will be routinely updated on the town website: www.hancocknh.org
- All Town buildings will be closed to outside group events and programs.
- Town Office will allow access by appointment only. Staff will be available by phone, email or with an appointment. Many routine transactions can be completed by email or online. Call the office to discuss the best way to proceed. Town office number is: 525- 4441. Email: email@example.com
- Highway Department will restrict access to the building. Please contact Tyler by phone: 525-4087 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Department will have limited building access. Call 525- 4102 with questions, 911 for emergencies.
- Fire Department will continue routine operations.
- Town Clerk will maintain current hours. We encourage residents to renew auto registrations by mail and call the clerk to see if other transactions can be completed by mail, email or online.
- Tax Collector will be available by phone, email and by appointment during regular tax collector hours. Payments may be made online or by mail. If you have questions please call the office at 525-4441.
- Library will be closed to the public and public programs cancelled. Patrons can reserve items via our catalog at hancock.biblionix.com and/or call the library at 525-4411 during regular library hours to request materials. Items requested will be placed in the entryway for pickup or taken to you curbside if you'd rather not enter the building at all. Home delivery of items is also available. Because some people in town, including students, do not have access to the internet at home, we will take appointments for use of the public computers/wifi (you may bring your own laptop/Chromebook). Call us to set up a one-hour appointment.
- Transfer Station will continue regular hours. However, the swap shop will be closed.
The Selectboard, Town Department Heads, Health Officer and Head of Emergency Management will meet regularly to assess the situation with the goal of limiting exposure to the virus and returning to normal operations as soon as possible.