Department of Public Works
A service-oriented organization
View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Contact Hillsborough County Dispatch After Hours
P.O. Box 6Hancock, NH 03449
79 Bennington Road
See map: Google Maps
As a service-oriented organization, the Department of Public Works consists of:
- five full-time employees who provide full-time coverage with 24-hour on-call service to handle the emergency needs of the Town
- three part-time employees at the Transfer Station
- one part-time Buildings & Grounds employee
- seasonal employees
Hancock has approximately 50 miles of Class V roads. This road network is maintained with a combination of Town-owned equipment and outside contractors:
- 25 miles of paved roads
- 25 miles of gravel roads
- 12 municipally-owned bridges.
The Department of Public Works also:
- operates the public water system under the direction of the Water Commissioners
- oversees the operations of the transfer station
- maintains the cemeteries
- maintains the Town's buildings and grounds
This website is designed to inform our customers of who we are, what we do and how we can be of service to you.
We always welcome comments from our customers, the citizens of Hancock. We strive to offer an excellent service at a reasonable cost.
We are constantly evaluating our programs and listening to your input. Any time you have questions, or a problem, please don't hesitate to contact us.
|Tyler Howe||Director||(603) 525-4087, or (603) 525-4441 Ext. 201|
|Eric Bourgoine||Highway Foreman||(603) 525-4087, or (603) 525-4441 Ext. 202|
|Linda Paquette||Administrative Assistant||603-525-4102 ext. 2|
|Laurie Bryan||Selectboard Liaison|