Meeting Minutes of 4/25/11 Old Home Day Committee
Daniels Rm – Hancock Library – 6 pm
Members Present: Kristen Bernier, Siobhain Martin, Bob Fogg, Dan Harper
- No word from Steve Zakon-Anderson about contra dance for Sat. evening.
- Committee voted unanimously to have Jan Caskey serve as Grand Marshall. Jan has graciously accepted the invitation.
- The magician is penciled in for the Ice Cream social - Cost $475
Theme: After discussion about the theme and slogan we were unable to come to a final decision. We decided to have of us check in with family and friends and take a straw poll about the slogan. The debate centered on whether or not the phrase "You Don't Know what You Got, Til it's Gone" was too negative.
Budget: Dan raised concern about whether or not the state budget cuts could effect the town's budget and the impact, if any on the OHD budget. Question for the selectmen.
- Talent Show – Kristen was going to ask Jody Simpson to coordinate.
- Run for the Honey 5K road race - Dan was going to make sure Hunt and Ginger will be able to once again coordinate this event.
- Ice Cream Social – Bob to check with Mathew Hale.
- Tennis Tournament – Siobhain to give a courtesy call to Mary Lou O'Neill.
- Barb Ellis volunteered to coordinate children's events.
- Pie-Eating Contest – Siobhain to check in with Sara Sanback.
- Parade – we all agreed this is a key element of OHD and may want to devote more time to discussing next week. Coordinator, judges, prizes, MC, etc all need to be firmed up.
- Siobhain has agreed to look into the pricing of t-shirts and presented the committee with some very nice designs. The purchase of t-shirts will not happen until to work out our differences over the theme/slogan.
Next Meeting – May 2 @ 7pm – Daniels Rm