HANCOCK SELECTBOARD MINUTES

APRIL 19, 2010

 

PRESENT: John Jordan-Chair; Roberta LaPlante, Carolyn Boland – Selectboard

            Barbara E. Caverly-Town Administrator/Recording Secretary

 

OTHERS: Ron Mack-Conservation Commission Chair; Andrew Wood-Police Chief,

            Melissa Hetrick; Sarah Gorman and Jon Wallace; Nahida Sherman

 

Jordan called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.

 

LIAISON REPORTS: LaPlante reported Jordan went to the meeting with her and she was introduced as the new liaison person for the Selectboard. LaPlante feels Ron Mack will need to more fully understand that the Commission only needs one Conservation Fund, not two. Caverly reiterated it's a matter of reviewing the correct statutes or contacting Sandra Rourke at the Department of Revenue Administration.

 

There was a guest speaker at the meeting from the Office of Energy and Planning. He made the point that the Selectboard's authority overrides the Conservation Commission's authority on town property.

 

A further note was made that the Brown property on Middle Road is still not being properly managed.

 

The Commission will be holding another series of seminars this year.

 

Boland took this time to point out that both LaPlante and Jordan should not have been at the Conservation Commission meeting together and interacting because that puts a majority of the Selectboard together without posting.

 

NON PUBLIC: At 4:10 p.m. Boland moved to go into non public session under RSA 91-A:3,ll(b) to discuss the hiring of a public employee; seconded by LaPlante; vote: Jordan-aye, LaPlante-aye, Boland-aye.

 

The non public session was closed at 4:25 p.m. upon motion by LaPlante, seconded by Boland and a unanimous vote to do so.

 

COMMON COMMISSION LIAISON: Boland reported Kurt Grassett and Allison Kerwin showed the Commissioners where the new trees would be placed when discussed and budgeted for.

 

RON MACK: LaPlante asked Mack for additional information on the Rhines property status and inquired into the contents of the letter from Upton and Hatfield pertaining to a deed of the property. Mack stated he assumes the attorney is processing everything and that a copy of the letter could be obtained from them. Caverly will call for a copy of the letter.

 

 

SELECTBOARD MINUTES

APRIL 19, 2010

PAGE TWO

 

Mack stated he and Lee Baker will be taking digital photos of the Nubanusit landing area to use in approaching DES for a permit to temporarily fix the area.

 

Mack has spoken with Richard Pendleton of Eastview Environmental regarding DES's request to change some of the well monitoring at the site of the old landfill. He will wait until Grassett returns and then follow up.

 

GORMAN/WALLACE: Sarah Gorman and Jon Wallace were in regarding the Wallace property and liens. They explained the issues that transpired over the years that led to the current status of taxes and the condition of the property. Gorman said they have been working to clean up the property in order to increase the value and subsequently be able to sell it for a higher price. The main concern was to ask the town to forego taking a deed to the property at this time. Gorman stated Wallace has no family and she is trying to help him as best she can. Jordan told her there was no benefit to the town to take a deed to the property. Gorman stated the liens would be paid off when the property is sold but they would like to pay off some before that. The Selectboard agreed the town will not take a deed for another year.

 

Gorman and Wallace were told they could talk with the tax collector and work out a payment plan but Gorman said they are not in a position to plan for making a regular payment at this time.

 

SHERMAN: Nahida was in to discuss the possibility putting the website on Google Analytics to assist in figuring out some of the statistics to help analyze the purpose of peoples' visits to the site. There is no cost involved for this. The Selectboard was not inclined to try the Google site at this time.

 

Sherman also noted she has added pages for HEAT, Conservation Commission and a tax page.

 

APPOINTMENTS: The Selectboard worked on the various committee appointments needing to be made for terms that are expiring.

 

Planning Board: The Selectboard would like Steve Froling and Roberta Nylander to serve another term. Ellena Weston-Zimmermann will be moved to a full member to fill the slot left vacant when Jack Carlson resigned. Two alternates to be considered are Dan LaPlante and Peter Ryner. Caverly will contact these people to confirm.

 

 

 

SELECTBOARD MINUTES

APRIL 19, 2010

PAGE THREE

 

Zoning Board: The Selectboard would like Alison Rossiter to continue; to determine if Betty Pels is willing to continue as an alternate and to see if Dave Carney is interested in being an alternate. Caverly will contact these individuals.

 

Conservation Commission: Caverly will contact Tom Ward about another term as an alternate, Kristen Bernier about becoming an alternate and to determine if Dick Warner wishes to remain an alternate or move to full member.

 

Recreation Committee: Caverly will contact Jeff Wilder and ask him to serve another term. She will also contact Cindy Hixson and Dan Harper who have expressed an interest in joining the committee.

 

Historic District: David Drasba and Glenda Lewis will be asked to continue for another term. Ruth Wilder and Deb Sampson expressed an interest and will be contacted about becoming alternates.

 

ADJOURNED: LaPlante moved to adjourn at 5:30 p.m.; seconded by Boland, so voted.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Barbara E. Caverly

Recording Secretary

 

Hancock Home PageTown DocumentsSelect Board Minutes