JOINT LOSS MANAGEMENT PREVENTION SAFETY COMMITTEE
June 7th, 2010
Members present: Public Works Director, Kurt Grassett, Highway Department Rep., Jeff Wright, Fire Chief Nevan Cassidy, Nick Weeks, Police Dept. Rep., and Town Office Rep. Linda Coughlan
The meeting began at 9:00 P.M.
Kurt began by saying he had attended a Primex meeting which covered the responsibilities of the safety committee. He said he found that we are way under what we should be doing as a committee to satisfy state requirements.
Kurt mentioned the following issues that need to be addressed:
1) Safety Policy needs to be updated - Kurt said there is a template that can be used to update the policy.
2) The Library needs to have a representative on the committee.
3) There should be a member from each department and an alternate. The alternates don't have to attend meetings unless the full member is absent.
4) Annual inspections should be completed on each building. Kurt said there is a checklist available that could be used.
5) First aid and training logs should be maintained.
Kurt said a representative from Primex could come over to see what we need to do in order to be in compliance with state regulations. He said some of what they might be looking at are lighted exit signs and eye wash stations but a lot of the issues might fall under housekeeping.
Nevan asked who would cover the expenses for what's required to be in compliance. Kurt said there is a $1,600 grant through Primex.
Nick mentioned that maybe the Recreation Dept. should have a representative on the committee along with the one from the Library. Kurt said he would check to see if a recreation department falls under these guidelines since they only have part time employees during the summer.
It was decided to meet on July 12th at 9:00 to see what the status was on receiving a template for the safety policy and a checklist for completing annual inspections.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 9: 20 A.M.