Old Home Day Committee
Meeting Notes 6/21/2010
Present: Megan Dodge, Deb Shumway, Monica Laskey-Rigrod, Paul Frehner
Activities and Decisions made:
- Details and process of the log/design for the T-shirt were discussed
- We will buy hats. Costs will be $ 8.- pre hat with the Anvil company. That will make a sale price of $ 12.- per hat.
- Susan Mann will be asked to look at the logo and work on it
- Megan will order hats and T-shirts this week
- Fundraising: Calls need to be completed before the end of June. We need responses by July 10th.
- Monica is writing the July Hancock Happenings note
- We do not have anybody yet to organize the talent show. Deb will start by collecting names for the talent show participants.
- The climbing wall is all set for the price of $ 1250.- Different sides will be available for different abilities and ages. The youngest age for climbers can be age 5.
- The band for Saturday (Hot Mustard) is all set.
- The Magician is all set
- The Kettle Korn is a go. The stand will be on Flower Pot Road
- Monadnock Disposal Company will deliver a dumpster for $ 250.-, including pick up and all. We have recycling bins that will be used. Charlie Daloz and his helpers will organize that for $ 200.-
- Giddie Up ponies will be here for two hours and will cost $ 250.-
- We will print ice cream coupons for the kids to hand in at Fiddleheads. (They will be paid for)
- Sara Gardner is all set
- We still need parade judges (three). The committee needs to define the various categories used.
- Deb is sharing the forms signed by the participating organizations (POCIS). We sill put the POCIS information on the town website.
- Amy Marcus' synchronized swimming need to be at 1 PM. We will work on the schedule next time. We will need to make the new schedule of events
- Paul will draw the site map
- We need to put an ad in the Monadnock Ledger. We do not know how the ad was paid for in the past.
- We need to recruit volunteers for the climbing wall to help. We need two people for each hour.
Next meeting: Tuesday July 6th 7 pm at the library Daniel's Room. Paul will organize the room.