- Holiday Safety Tips, (PDF 956 KB) Safety Educator, Nov/Dec 2013
New Hampshire Department of Safety, Public Education Division
- Medical Reserve Corps Seeking Volunteers
(Posted on September 3, 2013)
The Greater Monadnock Medical Reserve Corps seeks volunteers from various professional and non-professional backgrounds, including medical and non-medical, behavioral, public health, and support staff. The GMMRC will offer flexibility and allow volunteers to choose their desired level of participation and commitment.
GMMRC Mission: to engage current and retired health care professionals as well as non-medical personnel in helping the community prepare for, respond to, and mitigate emergencies, disasters, and pressing public health needs by providing a group of readily trained and available volunteer
professionals who supplement and assist local medical emergency response systems.
For more information, please contact
- A Citizen's Guide to Best Practices of the 9-1-1 System
By Bryan E. Wolfe - (Posted on July 29, 2013)
- PSNH Heat Wave Readiness - Cool Tips what you can do right away to keep energy use down now and throughout the summer
- Greater Monadnock Public Health Network (GMPHN)
Sign up to receive Emergency Alerts. Details here.
- Generator Safety
State of New Hampshire Department of Safety, Division of Fire Safety, Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Fuel Assistance at The Grapevine
- Low & Moderate Income Homeowner's Tax Relief Program - Check this page to see if you are eligible.
N.H. Department of Revenue Administration - "The Low and Moderate Income Homeowner's Property Tax Relief Program runs annually between May 1st and June 30th - APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ONLY DURING THE FILING PERIOD - AFTER MAY 1, BUT BEFORE JUNE 30."
These forms (Form DP-8) can be downloaded from the site or they are available at the Hancock Town office. Some Hancock residents may be eligible, but haven't heard of the program before. Health & Welfare Officer Linda Coughlan can help anyone that needs assistance with filling out the form or needs information from the office (525.4441).
- Lyme Disease Information
- N.H. Department of Health and Human Services
- Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease, (PDF), Joseph J. Burrascano Jr., M.D., Board Member, International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society. This document also describes other infections you can get and describes those symptoms.
- Town of Hancock 2005 Hazard Mitigation Plan
- 211 New Hampshire - "Get Connected. Get Answers." 2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects callers, at no cost, to information about critical health and human services available in their community
- Greater Monadnock Public Health Network sponsored by the New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services. This site will be updated frequently and gives good local information. Come back and visit it!
- The mission of the Greater Monadnock Public Health Network is to:
1. Coordinate regional health and safety services among local government, health and social service agencies, businesses, hospitals, emergency care centers, schools, first responders, faith groups and special emergency preparedness and response initiatives;
2. Continually assess resources to inventory strengths and gaps;
3. Identify needs and promote wise use of existing resources;
4. Advance and improve resources via technical assistance, continuing education programs, training, and drills; and create and test models for a public health emergencies.
- FEMA Information - How to prepare for a disaster, plan for emergencies and protect your property
Dept of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency